This is how to fix Instagram’s invalid parameter error.
Many reasons may contribute to this error, and there are many solutions.
So if you want to know how to fix Instagram’s Invalid Parameter Error, this article is for you.
Let’s jump right in!
Table of Contents
- Instagram’s Invalid Parameter Error Resolved
- #1 Try Updating Your App
- #2 Uninstall and Reinstall
- #3 System Update
- #4 Try to Login Through Facebook
- #5 Two-Factor Authentication
- #6 Your Autofill Has the Wrong Info
- #7 Change or Reset Password
- #8 Check Your Internet Speed
Instagram’s Invalid Parameter Error Resolved
Life can be full of stress.
Money problems, your boss doesn’t like you, your partner annoys you, and imagine what would happen if you couldn’t log in to your Instagram account… Oh boy, the stress is real!
Although we can’t help you with money or love problems, if you’ve ever received an Instagram nightmare called “invalid parameter error,” we might know how to help you.
There are numerous reasons why this could happen, so let’s start recovering your account and making your life a little bit less stressful.
#1 Try Updating Your App
Sometimes all of those update notifications can be really annoying, especially if the update is eating up your mobile storage and the app is working perfectly fine.
Well, it won’t be long before things start to change. When the new updates appear with some latest security and features, your app might start misbehaving.
So you should probably turn on those automatic updates, at least for Instagram.
If you prefer to do it manually, just go to your Play or App Store, type Instagram in the search field, and choose the Update option when you tap on it. Simple as that.
#2 Uninstall and Reinstall
Sometimes the problem may be simpler than you expect it to be. Try uninstalling your Instagram app, then installing it again. The first thing to do, in this case, is to uninstall the application on the device.
So take your mobile phone, unlock it, go to the home screen, find the Instagram app icon, tap it and hold it by tapping the trash symbol that has appeared at the top of the screen in the meantime.
Click the OK button in response to the displayed notification to confirm your intentions.
Alternatively, go to the Settings menu> Android Apps select Instagram, and press the uninstall button to remove the program from the operating system settings.
Note that the described procedures regarding removing apps may vary slightly depending on the exact make and model of mobile phone you have, as well as the version of the operating system you are using.
At this point, reinstall the Instagram app from your mobile. Next, tap the Play Store or App Store located on the home screen, search for the Instagram app and click install. Voila, your problem should disappear now.
If not, keep reading.
#3 System Update
The Instagram team usually updates their applications weekly or monthly. What can happen sometimes is if you have updated your Instagram to the latest version.
Still, you are not using the latest versions of the operating system on your phone, then that might cause some additional problems.
When Instagram updates their app, they make it compatible with the latest version of the operating system, so sometimes the application itself is updated. Still, it is not suitable for your mobile. That’s why you need to do a software update.
To do so, go to About and tap on System update. If there is an available update, click on it and download the latest version for your device.
#4 Try to Login Through Facebook
Instagram has been owned by Facebook for a while now, so it’s no surprise that these social networks are closely linked. Therefore, an account from the second can be used for registration and subsequent authorization in the first.
This, above all, eliminates the need to create and remember a new username and password, which is an undeniable advantage for many users.
As you know, Instagram is a multi-platform service. This means that you can access all the features of this social network in any browser on your computer (regardless of the installed OS) or in the mobile application.
Instagram is available for use on mobile devices running the two most popular operating systems—iOS and Android. Login to the account via your Facebook account is done according to the following steps:
- First, you need to run the Instagram app. At the bottom of the window, click the Sign in via Facebook button.
- The screen will start loading a page where you will need to enter your email address (mobile phone number) and password for your Facebook account.
- After entering the correct information and waiting for the download, you will see your profile.
#5 Two-Factor Authentication
If you have opted for two-factor authentication because of additional security, that may block you from accessing your account.
Think of it like you’ve hired a bodyguard to protect your home. And now he is being so paranoid that he even suspects you are trying to break into your own house.
Well, if that’s the problem, try logging in with all of the options available. That means try logging in with your username. If that doesn’t work, try it with your email.
And if that still doesn’t work, try logging in with your phone number. In the end, if the app keeps showing the error, try our next piece of advice.
#6 Your Autofill Has the Wrong Info
Autofill is a great option to save you time, but sometimes it can contain the wrong info.
Even if you unhide your password after auto-filling, check to see if there are spelling mistakes.
You may miss the fact that it contains some empty spaces. If that’s the case, you should update your device with the correct information or deactivate the option itself.
#7 Change or Reset Password
Your password one of the most important elements for protecting your Instagram account.
It is possible to change the password code on Instagram either via the web version or via any browser.
You can, of course, do it via the official mobile application.
The service for Instagram pages is inferior to the official application. However, some manipulations can still be performed here, including changing the security key.
- Go to the Instagram page by opening the Instagram service website in any browser. Then, on the main page, click the button Login.
- Log in to the app, providing your username, phone number or email address, and account password.
- Then you should go to your profile page and click the Edit profile button.
- Open the tab in the left pane and tap on Change Password. You will need to enter the old security key on the right and the new one-two times. Then, to apply the changes, click the button Change Password.
- Launch the app. Go to your profile, then tap the settings icon (for Android, the three-dot icon) in the upper right corner.
- You’ll need to select “Change Password” in the “Account” section.
- Then it’s all the same: enter the old password, then the new one twice. For the changes to take effect, select the Done button in the upper right corner.
#8 Check Your Internet Speed
If all of the above doesn’t resolve your Instagram invalid parameter error issue, try checking your internet speed.
Checking your internet speed can help you notice a problem either on your router, modem, or the operator’s network in general.
In addition, we all check the speed of the Internet the moment we notice that something is wrong and when the pages of the sites load very slowly.
Internet traffic still depends on several factors, but the best and fastest test is the fastest and easiest site in the world to use, and that is Google.
Of course, you should look at everything with some reservation, because the speed of the Internet depends on many factors such as:
- Number of users on the network
- Quality of the equipment
- Type of router
- Time of day when surfing
- And so forth.
To test the internet connection, we can use online programs that give a fairly accurate result.
Here are some tools to help you check your internet connection (response, download speed, download/upload), your IP address, and other useful information.
- speedtest.net: extremely good internet speed checker. It is used by a large number of people. In addition, ISPs recommend it to their customers, which confirms its reputation.
- bandwithplace.com: also a very good and accurate tool for checking internet speed.
- my-speedtest.com: it has been around for a long time, even when Dial-UP was in vogue, before all the above testers. It can be said that it is very accurate and gives reliable Internet speed values.
So, since the Internet speed varies and depends on many factors that we cannot control, it is not bad to check the connection with two or three tools.
Based upon them, if you are still dissatisfied, contact your ISP and ask for an explanation.